1) You must be a legal resident of Vermont, New York or Quebec to participate in contests, including online contests, and be eligible to win prizes. Employees and immediate family members of Hall Communications employees, employees of competing for radio stations and employees of participating contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
2) Call in contest winners with the correct answer to the DJ’s question or prompt win the prize designated in the contest. In the event a winner does not guess correctly, meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, DJ will take the next caller until a winner is determined.
3) Unless eligible for electronic transfer prizes must be picked up in person. If the prize is available for pick up upon winning, winners from Vermont must wait at least two days before picking up their prize at the station business office at 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT during regular business hours Monday-Friday between 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
4) Winners from New York must wait at least one week after they win to pick up their prize at Perrywinkles Fine Jewelry at 75 Smithfield Boulevard, Plattsburgh, NY during regular business hours.
5) Winners must show identification to claim their prize. Prizes are held for 30 days and no prizes will be mailed. If a proxy will be sent to pick up a prize the winner must alert Hall Communications and provide the name of their prize pick-up proxy by emailing [email protected].
6) Winners must wait 90 days before being eligible to win again on the same station. Persons deceiving Hall Communications in any way forfeit winnings.
7) Hall Communications reserves the right to limit each household to one qualifier and/or winner per contest and make prize substitutions when necessary. Station management reserves the right to amend contest rules at any time.
8) You must be 12 years of age or older to participate in a contest, though some contests may have special age and other entry restrictions.
9) Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must complete a W-9 when claiming their prize. The station will generate and mail the winner a W-2 and the winner is responsible for claiming the value of the prize as additional income on their Federal Income Tax return during the year they claimed the prize.
10) Hall Communications is not responsible if a listener is unable to get through on the telephone for a contest due to equipment malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Anyone who calls a studio line or enters a contest automatically grants Hall Communications permission to record and use their name, character, photograph voice and/or likeness in connection with the promotion of this or other contests and must waive any claim of royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.
11) If a prize is in digital form the tickets/prize will be emailed directly to the email provided by the winner at time of win. If winner does not receive any form of contact form Hall Communications by 72 hours before the event the tickets are for then they should contact [email protected] to confirm contact information.
11) General Contest Rules and rules for specific contests are available on station websites or in hard copy form at our studios during regular business hours or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403.
During The Great Gift Giveaway, 11/20-12/10/23 listeners will have the chance to register to win one of 24 $100 gift certificates. Gift certificates are provided by the 12 sponsors of the Great Gift Giveaway. Listeners can register to win at www.woko.com, www.wkol.com, www.wizn.com, www.999thebuzz.com or www.wjoy.com. 24 winners will be randomly chosen on Monday 12/11/23. Winners will be contacted via email and will be able to pick up their prize at 70 Joy Drive South Burlington Monday – Friday 830am-4pm. All General Hall Communications contest rules apply.
106.7 WIZN is giving away tickets to see QUADRA & THE PHIL ABAIR BAND at Higher Ground on 11/25/23 over the air from 11/13 – 11/16/23 6am-6pm. Listeners will tune in for the cue to call in and win. There will be 8 winners chosen throughout the days. Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 2 tickets. Winners names will be on a guest list at the will call at the venue. Must bring valid ID to claim prize. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply. All winners should monitor any COVID 19 restrictions put in place by venue or artist.
Listeners are invited to submit photos of their hunting photos on wizn.com.
This contest will run from Thursday November 1st 2023 to Sunday December 3rd 2023 at Midnight, for their chance to win $500 cash. Listeners are allowed one entry per person. Photo’s must contain an animal taken legally during the VT/NY hunting season. Any photos submitted that do not contain the aforementioned items will not be accepted and will result in the disqualification of the entrant.
All stations involved are competing for the same prize all entries will be combined and drawn randomly for the prize on Monday December 4th 2023 by 10am.
Our (one) winner will be contacted by phone and have their first name/city posted online. If the winner is unreachable after 2 days starting the day of the drawing the prize will be given to the next eligible entrant. Listeners must be 18 years or older to win.
We will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner and notify them within 2 days after the drawing.
Must be 18+ to enter. One entry per person. Submitting more than one entry per person will invalidate all entries by that contestant. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that participants entries and that participant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the email address sued to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these official rules. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
Images submitted must be owned by the person submitting the entry. No one else may have, or can claim, legal rights to the image. If there is a “minor” (a child or person under the age of 18) in this image, the entrant must certify that he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the minor (child or children) in the image. Any misrepresentation of ownership of the submitted image, or legal guardianship of the minor in the submitted image (if any), will be grounds for disqualification of the contest and potentially all future contests or promotions with Hall Radio Group. Entries containing inappropriate images will be disqualified. Hall Radio Group has final say of what content is appropriate for the website and has absolute discretion over the eligibility of an image entry. No indecent or obscene material, no content or material that is illegal, no material containing nudity or is sexually explicit, or by law, obscene profane or pornographic is permitted. By entering this contest, you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third-party ownership rights exist to the image. If the image contains people, by submitting such image you agree to have the rights necessary to consent or submit on behalf of those in the image.
By entering this contest, you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third-party ownership rights exist to the photo submitted. By entering you verify that whomever is seen in the photo are either pictures of the entrant or the entrant’s minors. If the entrant is unable to waive its rights to publication or waive its minors rights to publication, the entrant will be ask to submit a new photo.
WIZN/WOKO/WKOL/WBTZ/WJOY contests are open to all eligible Vermont and New York State residents 18 or older have not won anything WIZN/WOKO/WKOL/WBTZ/WJOY in the past 90 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
Employees of WIZN/WOKO/WKOL/WBTZ/WJOY, Hall Radio Group, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WIZN/WOKO/WKOL/WBTZ/WJOY studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
No purchase necessary. Prize is not redeemable or transferable for cash. WIZN/WOKO/WKOL/WBTZ/WJOY sole responsibility will be to award the prize. WIZN/WOKO/WKOL/WBTZ/WJOY shall have no further responsibility if the prize winner for any reason cannot or decides not to use any of the prize. Winner responsible for all applicable federal and state taxes. Fees and incidentals are not included with the prize and are the sole responsibility of the winner.
All regular Hall Radio Contest rules apply.
WIZN is giving away tickets to see Joanne Shaw Taylor on November 16th, 2023 at The Flynn in Burlington over the air from 10/22-11/12 during Blues for Breakfast on Sundays 9a-11a. Listeners will tune in for the cue to call in and win. Caller number 7 will be chosen as the winner. There will be 4 winners chosen – one per week. Odds of winning depend on the number of phone calls received. Each winner will get 2 tickets which will have to be picked up at WOKO studios at 70 Joy Drive in South Burlington, VT. A valid ID must be presented to claim tickets. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements winner will forfeit the prize. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
WIZN’s Pro Football Pick ‘Em Contest runs during the NFL’s 18-week regular season (at time of publication of these rules, stated as 9/7/2023 – 1/7/2024, although subject to change depending on the will of the National Football League).
To play, participants must begin by logging onto WWW.WIZN.COM and creating an account under the “Pro Football Pick ‘Em” contest website. All participants who register for the contest prior to the first game kicking off on Thursday September 7 will be eligible to win a $250 gift card to The Burger Bar, 831 College Parkway, Colchester. Winner will be chosen at random from all entries received, including those received from other Hall Communications stations in Burlington, VT. During each week of the NFL season, players will then need to sign in to their account and pick the winners of each game from the slate of matches that week. Picks must be completed prior to the kickoff of each game Thursday-Monday. Any game not picked by kickoff will result in a ‘loss’ of that game.
The player with the most correct picks each week will go into the grand prize drawing of $500 at the end of the regular season. If there is a weekly tie, both of those players will advance to the grand prize drawing.
The grand prize winner will be drawn randomly from all weekly WIZN winners, as well as the WIZN player with the most points from all combined weeks. The winner will be announced and contacted no later than five days following the end of the regular season. To be eligible to win the grand prize drawing, you must not have won a prize from WIZN in the 90 days prior to the winning announcement. In the event a winner does not meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, a new winner will be drawn from the qualifiers until one is determined.
If the National Football League regular season is ended prematurely, Hall Communications will randomly pick a grand prize winner from all weekly winners to that point. If the National Football League regular season is extended past January 7, 2024 for any reason, this contest will remain open until the completion of what the league has determined “the regular season” to be.
Grand Prize valued at $500. No purchase necessary. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.