4,200 kids in Chittenden County and 3,200 kids in Clinton County are not sure where their next meal is coming from. As Thanksgiving approaches, please consider donating during WIZN’s annual Feed Your Neighbor Food Drive Saturday, November 23rd from 9 am-3 pm. WIZN will be collecting non-perishable food & cash donations at:
Nutritious non-perishable or frozen food items that are most sought after include:
- Whole grains: cereal, brown rice, whole-wheat pasta
- Lean Proteins: peanut butter, canned chicken or tuna in water, beans, lentils, no salt added nuts
- Fruit: dried or frozen or canned fruit (in 100% juice)
- Vegetables: low sodium or no salt added canned or frozen vegetables, pasta sauce, and soups
- Baby Needs: baby food, formula, diapers, wipes
Cash enables both organizations to purchase fresh produce, meat, and bread at a discount, so cash donations are also very welcome!